Blacks Gone Geek is run by a group of IT professionals who donate their time and energy for the greater good of mankind. At Blacks Gone Geek our mission is clear: We promote career advancement for African Americans in IT. There is an immediate need for a PROJECT MANAGER to lead the Blacks Gone Geek Communications Team.
The Communications Team is responsible for disseminating knowledge and developing Subject Matter Expert (SME) groups, focus groups, special interest groups (SIGs), and knowledge sharing Communities of Practice (CoPs). This includes development and management of communication and promotional strategies and public relations activities.
· Develops a communications strategy with supporting communication plan to effectively manage communications activity
· Utilizes the most recent trends around consumer web usage (Google, LinkedIn) and social media (Facebook, Twitter)
· Manages public relations work and activities to promote Blacks Gone Geek’s mission, services, and products.
· Nurtures relationships with knowledge owners and maintains the knowledge owner directory
· Addresses communication issues within the organization
· Ensures the transfer of knowledge to end-users through various communication vehicles
Knowledge Skills and Requirements
· Undergraduate (BS) or graduate degree (MS or MBA) in Business Information Systems or other related field.
· 1-3 years experience leading technology projects with increasing degree of difficulty
· Knowledge of web design and web development in a hosted environment, with willingness and desire to learn.
· Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
· Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
· Ability to work within the constraints of the project
· Flexibility with project changes and constraints.
· PMP and ITIL v3 Foundations certification is a plus.
Benefits to you:
1) Learn to work in a fast paced environment.
2) Develop project management, ITIL knowledge management and web content management skills.
3) Add professional experience and accomplishments to your resume.
4) Receive a professional recommendation.
5) Potential to sell consulting services to other Office 365/SharePoint users.
Milt Haynes, Founder and Chief Knowledge Officer
Blacks Gone Geek
Join The Blacks Gone Geek Community http://www.blacksgonegeek.org/Pages/JointheBlacksGoneGeekCommunity.aspx